1.06.2009

What I Liked About 2008

Five Really Good Albums (By People I Don't Know Personally):

"Trouble in Mind"--Hayes Carll
"Real Animal"--Alejandro Escovedo
"Eastern Standard Time"--The Magpies
"We Have You Surrounded"--The Dirtbombs
"Asking for Flowers"--Kathleen Edwards

Two Really Good Albums (By People I Know Personally):

"Straight to Red"--Maybe Pete
"Desire To Burn"--Hudson Falcons

Ten Really Good Shows:

Levon Helm Band/Punch Brothers (with special guests Garth Hudson and Cassandra Wilson), Woodstock, NY
Levon Helm Band/Terry Adams Rock and Roll Quartet (with special guest John Sebastian), Woodstock, NY
Waco Brothers/Chris Mills, HighLine Ballroom, NYC
Was (Not Was)/Todd Snider, Blender Theatre, NYC
Slo-Mo/Sue and Steph, Chapter House, Ithaca, NY
The Pogues/Billy Bragg, Roseland, NYC
The Bottle Rockets/Eric Ambel and the Roscoe Trio, Mercury Lounge, NYC
Avett Brothers, The Stone Pony, Asbury Park, NJ
Jason Ringenberg/Maybe Pete, The Saint, Asbury Park, NJ
Tony Clifton, BB King's Blues Club, NYC

Ten Photos I Am Particularly Proud Of:










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there tinsel. I particularly liked your photo picks too. Nice work. I'll ahve to get that Alejandro Escaveda CD. And oh by the way-your Christmas gift was forever lost-along with the gifts for our grandparents. So hang tight-something is on it's way. Don't you love when the holidays last forever.
Nice to see the things you "liked" too!
KellyC

Mr. Bad Example said...

Thanks. No sweat on the gift. I usually get the last Christmas gift out around mid-June. You only got yours on time (early even!) because you happened to visit in December. Very smart on your part.

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

You passed on Avetts at Stuyvesant High School. But the Stone Pony...yeah; that was classic.

I just realized why I love that sleeping baby photo as much as I do...it's a Silvio Dante snarl! :-)