5.08.2007

Random Thoughts on the 2007 PNC Bank Arts Center Schedule

Holmdel, New Jersey, is about to light up again, as the 2007 concert schedule for the PNC Bank Arts Center has now been released. And now I share some of my thoughts regarding said schedule.

*311 has enough fans to potentially fill an amphitheater? Really? In 2007? What am I missing?

*If you're a single heterosexual male and you find yourself saying, "I can't wait to see that John Mayer/Ben Folds double bill," it may be time to rethink the direction in which your life is headed.

*Incidentally, those two shows lead off a three-show stretch that ends with a Kenny Chesney/Sugarland/Pat Green concert. God help us all.

*I don't have a degree in marketing or anything, but I do have a solid idea on how one tour should be billed: Chicago and America: The "Please Come and Take a Nap on Our Lawn for $25 (Or $6 to $4)" Tour

*Concert where you are most likely to see a fight over disrespecting someone's woman break out: Bryan Adams and George Thorogood

*Over/under on the total number of songs that will be played at the Allman Brothers Band and Bob Weir and Ratdog show: 12. Take the under.

*Lawn seats for Weird Al are $36. I saw him from about 20 feet away for $27. Jealous?

*Thank God Def Leppard, Foreigner, and Styx are finally joining forces. Especially without Dennis DeYoung. It's about time.

*As if Poison and Ratt weren't enough, they throw in White Lion. But, wait, it's Tramp's White Lion. Apparently, Staten Island's own Vito Bratta doesn't get along with the guys. Sad. My sister once showed me where his house was.

But based on the picture below, I'm guessing that whatever Vito's doing is better than hanging with these guys:



That's the picture you want greeting people on your website? Oof.

No comments: