5.11.2007

All aboard


The Avett Brothers are once again about to hit the Big Apple and surrounding areas. And with that all-important buzz starting to grow louder, this may be your last chance to jump on the bandwagon before it is teeming with people you will have to fight for a grip on the railing that will prevent you from falling and embarrassing yourself in front of your finger-pointing travelers.

Sorry. I was trying to make that sentence as long as I could. Then I just got tired.

Anyway, the Avetts will make their national television debut Friday night on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien." That oughta be cool. I'm not entirely convinced that a spot on Conan is a ticket to superstardom, but it couldn't hurt. And it sure beats playing to five people at the Goldhawk in Hoboken.

Then, they'll be at the (deep breath) Fillmore New York at Irving Plaza Saturday night for your listening and visual pleasure. Tickets are still available. And so are you. So why not just go? If you dig it, you can say you saw them when they were just getting big and ensure your credibility as a happening kinda guy/gal who knows where it's at. And if you hate it, you can start that whole "Dude, I saw them once and I totally don't get how they got so popular" backlash that will get you instant hipster credibility. You can't buy that sort of thing. Actually, I think you can, and I'm pretty sure there's a store in Williamsburg that sells it, but you know what I'm saying.

Anyway, to recap, Conan on Friday night/Saturday morning (and, if you're feeling adventurous, the Trocadero in Philly earlier Friday night) and then Saturday night (doors at 8 pm) at the FNYaIP (catchy).

I think you'll like 'em.

No comments: