5.21.2007

A Post In Which I Dazzle You With My Knowledge

While watching "Tuesday Night Titans" on WWE 24/7 (there's an introductory phrase any 30-year-old can be proud of using), I tried to think of all the professional wrestling referees whose names I knew off the top of my head. It went like this: Dick Woehrle, Tommy Young, Pee Wee Anderson, Dick Kroll, Dave Hebner, Earl Hebner, Charles Robinson, Nick Patrick, Gilberto Roman, Joey Marella, Sonny Fargo, Billy Caputo ( I went to high school with his son), "Dangerous" Danny Davis, and Bill Alfonso. Yes, I can name 14 referees (I actually had 15, but I had Tim White's first name wrong, so I've taken that one away ... and I'm pissed I forgot Teddy Long). I don't want to say I'm proud of that, but, well, screw it, I am. I've also met four of them. Is this getting weird? Or should I continue, ranking the referees from coolest to least cool? What? No? OK, fair enough. The customer's always right.

But here's a picture of me and Dick Woehrle taken a few years ago:



See, I'm a winner.

No comments: