11.01.2006

What I Liked About October



*Baby's first Renaissance Festival, Annapolis, MD
*The games the Mets won and the games the Yankees lost
*The birth of Wesley David Chambala
*Apple cider donuts from the farmers' market at the World Trade Center




*"Vas o No Vas"
*The Chocolate with White Polka Dots cupcake at the Flying Monkey, Philadelphia, PA
*George Jones and Kris Kristofferson at Carnegie Hall, NYC
*Artie Lange kissing Blue Iris




*Marah at the Underground, Philadelphia, PA
*MTV's "True Life: I'm a Staten Island Girl"
*Anthony Iaffaldano's entry into the World of the Engaged
*The willingness of people with cars to drive me places

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I assume good things about Marah's show at the Underground, but would you mind sparing some details?

Mr. Bad Example said...

Sure. The show was good. This Marah band...I like them.

Do you want more details?

OK. It was in a basement bar in West Philly that was cool and held, I don't know, 50 people or so. They played for about two hours (Dave, Serge, Kirk, Christine Smith, and dad-to-be Dave P. on drums), did some songs they haven't played in awhile (Pizzeria, Livin' on the Road, Formula) and a few cool covers (Shine On Harvest Moon, Ooh La La, Fly Me to the Moon), and generally kicked ass in a way I haven't seen them kick ass in awhile. You shoulda been there. Grad school is overrated.

Incidentally, that was Marah Show #50 for me. Hooray for me.