11.28.2006

Get Out: The Monthlong Birthday Celebration (The End)

One last chance for you to celebrate the wonder of me and one of my favorite musicians.

TUE--Scott Miller ( Rodeo Bar, NYC)

It's definitely been a good year when I get the chance to see Scott Miller three times. Alas, this time is not with his backing band, the mighty Commonwealth, but I'm still, as the kids say, stoked. I'm slightly nervous at the prospect of a solo acoustic show at the frequently rowdy Rodeo Bar, but since it's a Tuesday, I reckon people will be able to control themselves. I often reckon wrong, however. Of course, there's only one way for you to find out. Drag your ass to the Rodeo Bar, fool. The show's free. They don't even pass around a tip bucket. Plus you can get any number of communicable diseases while eating the free peanuts. Fun! 10 p.m.!

Anyway, Scott Miller is awesome, and you oughta go. And if you can't, (a) no, I don't understand and (b) at least check out his fancy new website.

As for the week that was, last Monday at the Living Room was spent upstairs watching three really good, Marah-approved songwriters, Christine Smith, Willie Breeding , and Adam Masterson. I don't think they're good because Marah tells me to; I think they're good because they're good.

Speaking of Marah (there's a first time for everything), a late decision (and a willing driver) found me in scenic Ringwood, NJ, on Sunday to see Marah at a house concert. Those are always fun. And so it was on Sunday. You should go see Marah someday. Really. How about December 8 at Irving Plaza? Whaddya say?

And I have just returned home from the Living Room, where I successfully fulfilled my promise to see Jim Boggia and Mike Viola. Good times. A little too poppy for my tastes, but it was a fun show. Check out their live shows if you get the chance, particularly Boggia's.

Now, Tinsel and Rot must rest.

No comments: