8.29.2005

Maybe some things should stay trapped

So, I guess that R. Kelly's constant legal woes mean that he doesn't have any sort of management team anymore. Because if he did, they would have talked him out of that crazy "Trapped in the Closet" performance on the VMAs last night. I can't even really put its magnificence into words, other than it combined intentional lip-synching (which he gave up doing toward the end), the world's most confusing song, and a tour-de-force "acting" performance by R. Kelly.

I'm sure the awards will be rebroadcast roughly a gajillion times in the coming weeks, so you'll have a chance to catch it if you missed it live, assuming R. Kelly doesn't come to his senses and ask MTV to never show that again. Luckily, I don't think R. Kelly has much sense left, so we should be in the clear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see the performance, no patience for such things in my old age, but TITC Chapters 1-5 is in my guilty pleasures playlist. It cracks me up everytime.

Mr. Bad Example said...

You owe it to yourself to see it, especially if you know the first five chapters. It was exhausting to watch, on every possible level.