8.01.2005

He Aames to Please

Lately I've been thinking that I may finally be over reality TV. I'm tired of watching attractive people mate and cry and mate again on "The Real World." This season of "The Surreal Life" is dead in the water. "Viva La Bam" is starting to wear thin. And if Pauly Shore revealing he's a sex addict is supposed to make me interested in watching a show, I fear there's been a grave mistake made by someone at TBS.

But then, mere minutes after I walked into my apartment Sunday night, I tuned into "Celebrity Fit Club 2" and watched Willie Aames, covered in what have to be the worst tattoos I've ever seen, having a complete meltdown, first when awakened at 6 in the morning for an exercise session and then when recounting his anger on the Celebrity Fit Club set. It may be the best reality TV since Stephen slapped Irene on "The Real World: Seattle." When he attacked his own front door, I laughed very, very hard.

And you will, too. Do yourself a favor and tune in to one of the 1,832 reairings of the episode this week.

No comments: