6.28.2007

I'm McLovin It

Even though I could barely put pressure on my right leg for the better part of Wednesday, I decided to tough it out and head to the city, because I had a pass for an advance screening of "Superbad," the next in the line of Judd Apatow comedies. This one's cowritten by Seth Rogen and stars Michael Cera (George-Michael from "Arrested Development") and Jonah Hill (from "Knocked Up").

And it was everything I hoped it would be.

You likely won't be able to see it until it comes out in mid-August, so I won't pump it up too much (though I reserve the right to do so closer to the release date). I think part of the reason I was a little underwhelmed by "Knocked Up" was because I had read about two months' worth of hype about it. So, I'll just say that "Superbad" kicked ass. It's a little raunchy at points (it earns the "R"), but never really crude, and consistently funny. Cera and Hill are particularly on the money. And the guy who uttered one of my favorite "Freaks and Geeks" lines ("Let's tear this mother down!") has a bit part. What's not to like?

Anyway, here's the trailer. It doesn't give away all the funny parts, so don't worry about taking a sneak peek.

No comments: