4.06.2007

Housekeeping

The kids often write me, saying things like, "Sir [and I insist they call me "Sir," otherwise I just don't read the letter], how can I be more like you? How can I live the Tinsel and Rot lifestyle?" In the form letter that I send with the personally signed (by my intern) 8X10, I tell them that they should go out more and experience the concerts, readings, and encounters with farm animals and senior citizens that I detail here on a sporadic basis. Then, they send another letter, which kind of rankles me, because they should really get everything down into one missive, as I don't really want pen pals at this point in my life. But in any event, that second letter invariably asks what shows, readings, and encounters with farm animals and senior citizens they should attend.

So, in an effort to cut down on the mail I send to children, I now will provide the Tinsel and Rot reader with a monthly list of places I might be and, more important, places you oughta be, conveniently placed on the left side of this page. Each event listed has a link to either a ticketing site (try to avoid Ticketmaster if you can, but if you can't...) or a site with more information. This month's selections include a fundraiser for the lovely people of Hudson Cradle (come buy a raffle ticket from me), readings/discussions with two of my favorite authors (and one Vincent Antonelli), and some cool concerts. I make no promises that I will be at every event listed, but I'll likely be at at least half, giving you the opportunity to reach out and touch Tinsel and Rot. Please, keep it above the waist. At least initially.

OK then. See you around.

No comments: