9.09.2005

Fashion rocks?

This year's random thoughts upon filling a seat at the Fashion Rocks show at Radio City Music Hall, September 8, 2005:

***I propose a new law: Don't tell me that you're donating money to hurricane relief; just do it. I'm tired of applauding corporations and rich people for doing something they should. As an alternative, I would be happy to boo corporations and rich people who don't donate money.

***Is there a point to listening to Shakira sing on a CD? She should only perform live or release DVDs.

***Big & Rich walked up the aisle a few feet away from me. I am sorry for not punching them.

***Responding to a question posed by the guy sitting next to me, Isiah Thomas declared that the Knicks are "most definitely" going to be good this year. You heard it here first.

***If Nelly sold that ridiculously enormous diamond wristband he was wearing, I feel confident that several Gulf Coast families could live comfortably on the proceeds.

***When Big & Rich said that Faith Hill and Tim McGraw were in "the middle of the catastrophe" the day before, my first thought was, "Hell, they've been in the middle of a catastrophe for about a decade now." I'm sorry, Gulf Coasters. My donation's coming.

***The exciting things you notice when you're a copy editor: Rebecca Romijn's last name was spelled wrong in the opening credits. I'm available, CBS.

***I found out this morning that I saw the "last live TV appearance" of Destiny's Child. What a story to tell the grandkids.

***I'm not sure if Mark McGrath ever had a soul, but he definitely doesn't have one anymore.

***Joss Stone really oughta consider being quiet for at least two seconds during a song.

***Rob Thomas seems like a decent guy, but I still wouldn't mind kicking him in the face.

***My favorite musical moment of the night was when they played a clip from the Georgia Satellites' "Keep Your Hands to Yourself" video during a set change. OK, to be fair, David Bowie was good.

No comments: