7.31.2007

What I Liked About July


*GrassRoots Weekend with the Chambalas
*Katherine Lanpher's interview of Jerry Stahl, Union Square Barnes & Noble, NYC
*Billy Joe Shaver, Joe's Pub, NYC
*Kristin Andreassen's "Crayola Doesn't Make a Color for Your Eyes"





*Frankie and Kelly McGrath, Tiki Bar at Convention Hall, Asbury Park, NJ
*Rock of Love
*The chocolate bread from the Bread Company, Montclair, NJ
*The Endy Chavez bobblehead




*Drive By Truckers, Castle Clinton, NYC
*The Carolina Chocolate Drops' cover of "Hit 'Em Up Style," Rockefeller Park, NYC
*Three big polka record wins on eBay
*The willingness of people with cars to drive me places

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one else I know has had the sensibility to tune into Rock of Love. I knew I could count on you James, for your superior, yet delicate taste in TV programming.

Glad to know I am not the only one who enjoys the finer things in life.

Mr. Bad Example said...

Hasn't quite been the same since Rodeo left, but still a gem. Makes up for the disappointment of "The Two Coreys."