7.06.2005

All Are Welcome!


The Tabernacle of Consuming Fire
Originally uploaded by MrBadExample.

Lately, I've been thinking that it would be nice to have someplace to write down thoughts I have about different bands and such. See, sometimes, like when only 10 people come out to see a band as good as Split Lip Rayfield (and then one of the guys in the band quits a few weeks later), I get a little angry. I'm not angry at anyone in particular, just angry. And that anger needs to be released. What better place to release that than on the Internet, our great marketplace of anger and self-importance?

So, because it's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness, I present "Tinsel and Rot," a sporadically updated blog (I really hate that word, but I give up) about all things music (and maybe some things TV if something tickles my fancy...and how my fancy longs to be tickled). There'll be updates about NYC-area shows you should go to, maybe some reviews of shows, incessant pleas to buy Marah-related products, that sort of thing. I'll do my best to keep things interesting and to reveal as little about my personal life as I possibly can. I barely care about the daily goings-on in my life; I can't imagine you'd be much more interested.

Anyway, stop by when you can. Or don't. Whatever you think is best.

No comments: