12.06.2009

He'll go down in history

I have seen many great things in my time here on earth. I have seen two presidential inaugurations. I have seen my friends marry great people and watched as they became parents to beautiful children. I have seen the Nassau Coliseum erupt in joy after a successful Shawn Bates penalty shot. I have seen Bob Dylan in concert a few dozen times.

These are all amazing things, and I am so happy that I have seen them. But Sunday afternoon, in the John J. Breslin Jr. Theater at Felician College in Lodi, NJ, I saw something so awe-inspiring, so magical that I am not certain that the aforementioned moments can top them.

Yes, on Sunday afternoon, while sitting among many, many senior citizens, I saw a costumed Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer dancing and "playing" an accordion.



What a wonderful world.

No comments: