7.28.2006

Still good to be the King

It's been a slow month here in Tinsel and Rot Land. Sorry. But I shall now reward the TaR devotees with the latest brilliance from everybody's favorite columnist, Larry King III. The work was sent to me under cover of night, with the utmost precautions taken. It's a gem. Enjoy.

If I'm Tom Petty, I tell people to stop taking pictures of me..."The World Series of Pop Culture" is compelling television, and I was glad to see the Velvet Rope Revolution hit the bricks...All this rain is rather annoying...Two good reads for your late-summer beach trips: Carry My Bones by J. Wes Yoder and Fantasyland by Sam Walker...I couldn't possibly care any less about Peter Cook and Christie Brinkley...This new Will Ferrell movie--not so sure about it just yet...Things are bad in the Middle East, kids..I had a turkey burger for dinner last night...I just can't bring myself to get all worked up over "Last Comic Standing"...I'm tired of people being raped and/or murdered. Cut it out, creeps...Is it the fall yet?...I am completely bummed that the kid from Staten Island was the first one bumped off that "Who Wants To Be A Superhero" show...It seems like only a matter of time before one of the high school kids beats the snot out of me on my way to work in the morning...Kudos to the new managing editor of the Ithaca Times ...I don't get Dane Cook. I'm sorry...I wonder what James Ellroy's up to these days...An Auntie Anne's just opened up in the mall...Ashlee Simpson has taken a turn for the worse...Our hearts go out to the people of Queens who suffered through a treacherous blackout this week...They've finally released "Lancelot Link: Secret Chimp" on DVD, but I hear the quality's not so hot...Tina Yothers really let herself go...Murder/suicide pacts give me the willies...As the old song goes, I think this year's Mets may have the team work to make the dream work...Is it too late for a "Caddyshack 3"? Because the second installment left me thirsty for more...There is no time more precious than family time...This just in--a stitch in time now saves ten!...I love pineapples, but they tear at the inside of my mouth.

'Til next time, kids.

LKIII

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

who's the new Ithaca times managing editor? I could have been the arts and entertainment editor but, alas, they went a different way...that's, for me, when the drinking started...

Mr. Bad Example said...

The new Ithaca Times managing editor once served as the Ithacan's Accent (co)editor before leaving to shepherd the editorial careers of Chuck Holliday and Mike Bornstein, briefly reigned as a columnist in the Opinion section, and essentially wrote your first article for the Ithacan after telling you to "just get the quotes."

Those are all the hints I'm givin' out.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's awesome! When can I expect him to get J. Michael Serino back on the payroll?

What was my first article about? I think you're confusing me with Alana! - I thought I wrote my first article...cmon I need something good to tell the grandchildren or...cats

Mr. Bad Example said...

Your first article was about clubs on campus--a two-parter. My recollection is that we told you to just get quotes and we'd take care of the writing. Of course, my recollection could be wrong. But I'm definitely not confusing you with Alanna. Mike Bornstein never made you cry. Or at least not that I ever saw.